The He Waka Eke Noa Charitable Trust (A canoe on which anyone may embark) was set up in 2002 to facilitate and ensure the growth of all forms of the arts in Aotearoa with a particular focus on nurturing youth arts. Since then the company has produced 19 national theatre tours, produced 2 plays, 2 award winning short films, numerous festivals and arts events. He Waka also runs KickArts, a weekly arts radio show on PlanetFM running since 2012.
Thanks to Storage King St Lukes.
Please support our sponsors.
The objectives as laid out in the Trust Deed are:
- To provide leadership, resources and opportunities in the area of Arts Infrastructure, enabling community and arts groups and / or organisations to improve, develop and contribute to the further development and strengthening of the New Zealand Arts.
- To establish a grants scheme to support and nurture youth education though the performing arts, particularly in the areas of theatre and film production and writing.
- To provide access to educational theatre and film opportunities.
- To provide a venue and facilities to enable young artists to develop their work and skills.
- To run workshops, seminars, training sessions and intensives that provide learning opportunities for arts practitioners.
- To engage in the production of performance art through any medium in any role that the Trustees may decide.